Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Punched Water Color Flowers


I had some left over paper that I had done a water color wash on for another piece, and I couldn't bear to throw the paper away because I liked the way the colors had blended together. So I decided to salvage the scraps by using a flower punch to punch some flowers that I could use for a flower pot design that had been floating around in my head.
I used handmade paper for the background, some type of construction tape (I have no idea what it's called -- I just liked the way it looked) for the flower pot, and added the punched flowers above the pot to finish it off.

So I was happy... I was able to make a card and put the left over paper to some good use.

4 comments:

Shirl said...

What a lovely idea, a beautiful card ... :0)

Calabash Creations said...

Thanks Shirl, I'm glad that you like it!

Barbra said...

I love when I can use remnants or leftovers. It's somehow extra special. Great card!

Calabash Creations said...

Hi Barbra, thanks for stopping by. I feel the same way about using scraps and leftovers. It's a great feeling knowing that you've created something from scraps that would have otherwise ended up in the trash...