Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Working With Fabric



Since I have this thing about throwing away my scraps, I'm always trying to find ways to use them. I came up with this little 'Cozy Cottage' after working on a fabric collage and when I was finished I realized that I had quite a bit of scrap fabric on the floor. So I decided to use them to make this piece. I made sure to work in a stock size so that it would be easy to frame. It's done on a 5x7 inches backboard which made it easy to put a mat around it and frame it out to 8x10. Not bad to get all this from scrap fabric.

3 comments:

Frog the Dog said...

Oh we LOVE cutting and sticking just like you do!
What fab cards:)
Thanks for stopping by and adding us as friends, so that we got to know you.
We'll try to come back soon!

Nessa said...

Hi! Greeting from Malaysia:)

This is definitely a wonderful idea. I am guilty of throwing lost of scraps, I didn't know what to do with them.

It looks expensive in that frame. Thanks for the ideas:D

Calabash Creations said...

I'm glad you like the idea. Using scraps and left overs is a great way to reduce waste --even if it's only waste from the cutting table!